Saturday, January 22, 2011

Master Closet Cleanout

I shared my bedroom set up here and here. One closet has floor to ceiling shelves (aka--my dresser) and the other closet is for my hang-ups, purses, wrapping paper and vacuums. Yes, that is a lot to squeeze into one closet but my storage in my small condo is limited so I have to use every square inch!

Here is the before shot. The clothes do seem to be pretty packed in but, since I do not have to share my closet (there are a few perks for being single) I have both my warm and cold season clothes in there. I do try to keep summer clothes and winter clothes separate but I have a system for wearing ALL the clothes.



To keep me from wearing the same things over and over again, I wear something and then hang it all the way to the left of the closet (notice the long sleeves and sweaters that I have worn lately). Then I can not choose anything from that side until I wear the rest of the closet (that is--whatever season it happens to be).

Anyway...The bottom of the closet has my carpet shampooer, an open spot for my vacuum, wrapping paper tub, and a small tub that holds all of my design dreams (mags, tear-outs, doodle ideas, etc).

The top of the closet has all of my purses and bags. This is the area that needs some work! I emptied the top shelf and lined everything up a little nicer. I did go through everything to see what I could purge but you know what...I use everything up there!!

(Notice the half-painted lower part of the closet (part tan---part dirty, scuffed builder's white...Has been added to the To-Do List for this room)



Look at all those fun bags...I just love bags...the bigger, the better!! I would get rid of all my clothes to have a closet full of bags!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks Great!!!

    Follow my blog @ http://insidethemindofnicole.blogspot.com/

    ♥Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job...those purses {I LOVE purses, too} can take over! I have mine in a pretty box cause I can't keep them lined up neatly enough! Keep up the good work!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete