Friday, January 14, 2011

Sugar and Spice and everything EXPIRED


Today's Organizing Challenge: The Spices


OK...so I don't cook a lot at my house. I do cook at my parents house, thought. They have a big, nice kitchen! So it was no surprise to me that almost all of my spices were expired. The cabinet itself wasn't too bad...just those dates screaming at me!





So I took everything out, checked ALL dates and wiped it down. I took an 'emptied out' picture and accidentally erased it...sorry! Sadly, I tossed out 8 jars of spices that were expired which goes to show I need to organize and go through these cabinets more than every 4 years!





I was able to keep a few spices that we use a lot and were not expired: mostly cinnamon! The stainless steel bowl is full of all my baking things... cupcake papers, sprinkles, birthday candles, etc.



I have said this before and I'll say it again... I was inspired to do this 21 Day Challenge (see button on side bar) and am so thrilled to see so many friends who were inspired be me to Get Organized! My friend Auburn shared with me all the rooms she has organized! And yesterday, I helped a friend organize her craft room (we were busy and I forgot to take pictures!)

Yea, it's been a lot of work but we are more than 1/2 way through now! And, man, is my place looking good!!

By the way...after the 21 days are over, I will still share organizing tips but really want to get into the DIYing and money saving ideas as well!! Can't wait!!


5 comments:

  1. Great job on throwing out the old! I can't believe how far we've come, either! I plan to take after pics of all 21 challenges and kind of update/check in on the state of affairs. I have already tweaked a few of the challenges so they function better for me and I want to document how I'm living with it and what's working, what's not, etc. I'm thinking maybe Groundhog day may be appropriate for this....won't you join me 2/2/11?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we both chose 2011 for our year to become organized. When I first told my husband that he laughed at me now he is so thankful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job with all the organizing you've been doing lately! Tackling a craft room can be scary (I'm worried about the day I'll have to take a look at mine!) Good job with your spice cabinet! It's a bummer to have to toss unused stuff, but refreshing too. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete