Thursday, January 13, 2011

To-Do List: Part 1

I told you the other day that I would post my To-Do List for 2011. Well, I decided to 'show' you the list. I am going to start with the Master Bedroom. When I first moved in 7 1/2 years ago, I painted a geometric design on 1 wall and the other 3 walls were a dark tan. (If I can find those old pictures, I will share) I loved it but it was too dark. There is no overhead lighting. So, this past summer, I painted the whole room a light cream color, got new carpeting and bought a desk to make a small office area. Here are the current pictures of the room.


The lighting is NOT good and it made the ceiling look dark. All of the walls, including the ceiling are painted the same color. WOW...lighting really makes a difference!

Notice the 'blue painters tape' on the wall in the picture above. It is giving me a visual of where I want a headboard. I have decided to make this headboard from Ana White. The small chest to the far left is the one I want to paint...and I need a flat screen TV...this one takes up way too much room (a girl can dream, right?)

I bought this desk at Target. It was $149 on sale for $119 with free shipping. I know what dimensions I wanted and researched from there. And it is very close to the West Elm desks/ tables that were $449! Notice the desk is STILL clean from the Desk Organizing Challenge!!

These are my double closets. (sorry I forgot to close my bedroom door in this one) The closet on the right is for the hang-ups and the left one is the shelves.

So, not huge but plenty big for me.


On my To-Do List in this room:
1. build headboard
2. finish painting inside of both closets
3. paint the small chest
4. dream of a new TV


No comments:

Post a Comment