Thursday, April 21, 2011

Double Duty

I live in a 1-level condo where space is a premium. Almost every space pulls double duty...and the living room is no exception. My main room in our place is the living/ dining room. The room is long and has plenty of room for a table at one end (right off the kitchen) and the living room at the other end.

The picture below shows the front entrance hall in the middle (my purse is hanging on the coat closet door) and the kitchen is the door on the right (past the table).


My dining table is an old library table that my dad salvaged from a school. I have never touched the base (love the chipped paint) but have re-finished the top. I always wanted benches to accommodate the most people and my brother-in-law built these for me!


I love my capiz chandelier from Pier 1. It is a double-layered rectangle...not a great shot...will try for a better one soon!



The other end of the room is the living room. Apparently, I love Pier 1...couch, chair, and rug also came from there.



The double doors on the right leads to our deck. The mirror above the fireplace was a DIY project.


So, there you have it...my double duty dining/ living room. More double-duty areas to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment